I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Suffix: Dr.

2. First Name: Henri

3. Last Name: Montesquieu

4. Date of Birth: 21/01/1973

5. Address: 21 Central Avenue, Commerce, Los Santos 206, San Andreas

6. Telephone Number: 7921

II. EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
1. List all colleges/universities you have attended (including law school) and mention the degree earned from each institution.
(a) Lycée Henri-IV

(b) Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris - S.J.D in Politics, Philosophy and Law.

2. Beginning with your current or most recent employment, list all employment (including self-employment, paid/unpaid internships, and part-time employment) you have held for any period of time.
(a) Senate Policy Advisor, State Senate

(b) Law Clerk, Courts of San Andreas

(c) Assistant to the Lieutenant Governor, State Government

III. MORAL CHARACTER AND FITNESS
1. Have you ever been a party to any civil suit or proceeding?
Yes/No (If YES, you must provide the case number if asked to do so by a bar examiner.)

2. Have you ever been arrested, cited or ticketed for, or charged with any violation of the law?
Yes/No (If YES, you must list all offenses including traffic violations.)

3. Have you ever received mental health counseling or been hospitalized for mental health reasons?
Yes/No

4. Have you ever applied for admission to the Bar of San Andreas in the past?
Yes/No (If YES, you must specify the number of applications you filed.)

IV. AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE OF INFORMATION
I have responded to all inquiries on this form fully and frankly, and all the information contained in my application is true and correct.
I hereby give my consent to the Board of Bar Examiners to conduct an investigation as to the information provided in my application and to make inquiries and request such information from third parties.
Date: 31/01/2018
Signature: Image

(( V. OUT OF CHARACTER ))
1. List all of your current and past characters. Provide an admin record for each character.

SHOW CONTENT

http://prntscr.com/ixxs45
http://prntscr.com/ixxt29
2. Why do you wish to become a lawyer and how do you plan to roleplay as one? (Effort is required.)

I am writing today to express my interest in becoming a lawyer and pursuing a legal career. I simply wish to become a lawyer because legal practice is a natural fit for my talents. This was first brought to my attention during high school, as I was heavily involved in debate organisations. Although there are major differences between legal practice and parliamentary debate, the success I enjoyed in these early organisations reflected my competence in adversarial debate and my aptitude in the political realm. The logical training I received doing battle with other students over a broad range of issues honed my mind and my language into a weapon that I could use to both construct and attack an argument for maximum effect. I have expanded on these skills over the course of my undergraduate and postgraduate career by pursuing additional courses in Law, where I have dissected such issues as the balance of power in multi-ethnic societies and the interaction of modern states towards one another in their quests for security, prosperity, and hegemony and how laws and legislation come into role.

Furthermore, an understanding of the law is a major asset which I believe prepares me to become an efficient lawyer. In order to play a game, one must first know its rules. We live our entire lives under a series of laws, and it is too easy for someone with only a rudimentary understanding of these laws to fall prey to someone wishing him harm. The law is such a complex thing, and it relates to our behaviour in a complex way involving competing interests, objectives, and individuals. Most importantly, the law can be bent or adjusted depending on who it is being applied to and in what way. I have seen firsthand the power of a good lawyer or a well placed judge, as minor transgressions can be expanded into major obstacles or done away with completely, all within the flexibility of the legal framework, and for those particular reasons that is why I wish to become a lawyer. Because I am someone who likes a challenge, I plan on dealing with as many complex cases as I can in order to get them solved in the most efficient way possible. I plan on dealing with cases that fit a wide range of categories, and no matter how complex a case is, I will always try my best to get involved and get them sorted.

3. Do you have any knowledge of the Penal Code and Acts of San Andreas? Explain in a few sentences.

I have vast knowledge of specific provisions in the various Acts of legislature, but with ample study and preparation,—for the bar exam—, anyone can become well-versed or even maybe an expert. Legal practice is not a simple matter of memorising provisions; that would be trivial and a waste of time because provisions are accessible and can be referenced any time. In a similar fashion, case-law need not necessarily be memorised either because case-law is reported in law reports, and one can easily refer to a law report for the case-law of a particular case. Excelling as a practitioner is contingent on the following: one's ability to think critically and profoundly about legal issues, and the implication thereof, with the aim of advocating for a particular cause (or a litigant)—whilst adhering to ethics—, or, in other words, with the aim of advancing a grounded argument for a particular cause; second, one's ability to distinguish a case, or the issues before the court—that is, show why the case at bar is different from prior adjudicated cases, which, in effect, would demonstrate why precedent would not apply; third, one's ability to extract the dictum—that is, the court's holding, or binding portion of the ruling—and separate or refine it from the obiter dictum—that is, the non-binding portion of the ruling—especially in authorities that are dense and involve multiple authorities or sources of law; and fourth, one's ability to use persuasive language, and, when appropriate, rhetoric, to strengthen an argument towards a cause.

None of the aforesaid abilities precisely relate, someway or somehow, to the knowledge of or familiarity with the text of statutory provisions, or the provisions of the "Acts of San Andreas." or of any code. It would be, thus, trivial to attempt to memorise those provisions.

4. Do you have any knowledge of American Law? Explain in a few sentences.

Substantial knowledge. I have been role-playing a justice of the Supreme Court in another community since 2010; I was the first Chief Justice, and the longest-serving Chief Justice. I have written multiple judgements that have drawn from American law; and even more judgements from the common law established in that community, which, in turn, was derived from American case-law and early English case-law. I've roleplayed a lawyer quite a few times and even a law clerk for a few justices during my time.

Katherine Gayle

Re: Henri de Montesquieu [ACCEPTED]

Post by Katherine Gayle » March 31st, 2018, 10:24 pm

-
Image STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Montesquieu,

You have been selected by the State Bar of San Andreas to be permitted to the following privilege(s):

- to take the San Andreas Bar Examination

Note(s);
  • You will have 48 hours to complete the examination and send it to your proctor. If you fail to complete the examination, you will need to wait (2) weeks in order to re-take the San Andreas Bar Examination.
  • A non-refundable $10,000 fee must be presented at the examination room paid in a check, money order, cash or debit/credit.
    (( Submit $10,000 to /charity in game, take a screenshot, and submit it along with your exam ))
Sincerely,

Carl Wright
State Bar of San Andreas

Melanie Slater

Re: Henri de Montesquieu [DENIED]

Post by Melanie Slater » April 3rd, 2018, 10:19 am

(( banned from lsrp. may reapply when unbanned ))
Deputy Attorney General Juliette Naviaux also