GOVERNMENT EAGLE [DECEMBER 2016]

David Finnegan

GOVERNMENT EAGLE [DECEMBER 2016]

Postby David Finnegan » January 5th, 2017, 9:45 pm

DECEMBER NEWSLETTER.

ImageImage
    Introduction
    Happy New Year and Happy Holidays Los Santos. Whatever holiday you happen to celebrate, we hope it was safe and spent with loved ones. With 2017 kicking off to a prosperous start for our city, we are glad to announce that the Department of Public Relations is under a complete revamp with it's door now being open to recruitment for a range of different roles. It's not just our department that is hiring though, we intend to host a career fair at some point in the month of January to boost the economy of Los Santos City Government and the city overall. Stay tuned for information and updates as to when this fair will be announced. Again if you are ever concerned about anything regarding our services we will always be happy to answer our landline at 1-800-GOV. Until then, keep posted to our advertisements and much more frequent press releases.
    Written by: Director of Public Relations, David Finnegan.
    Mayoral Statement
    Dear employees and citizens of Los Santos,
    Greetings and Happy New Year! The last month of 2016 has been filled with various ups and downs, with the loss of our mayor and some of our most prevalant staff. Despite this, we have been doing great work in revitalizing the structure of the city government and keeping up the hardwork just as before.
    I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for standing by my side throughout this sudden and unexpected transition. We have persevered in keeping the morale of our employees and dedication at an all time high.
    Despite all of the bad news, we have had quite a bit of good happen aswell. Ms. Charlotte Edevane, former City Manager and cherished executive, has reinstated back into the city government. Upon this, former Executive Director of Public Works Molniya Dyatlova has returned from her tenure in Russia and graced the city with her utmost dedication once more.
    Looking onward , we have plans to implement various different strategies and programs during the first month of 2017. Thanks once again and we here at the city government wish you all had a Happy New Year and have the best 2017 possible.

Cartier Jason.
    Acting Mayor of Los Santos

Notice Board

Promotions
    We'd like to officially congratulate the following employees in stepping up to a new position here at the Los Santos Government. If you see them, make sure to congratulate them!

DEPARTMENT OF WELFARE

Elise Blake
Department: Department Of WelfareOld position: Welfare OfficialNew position: Senior Welfare Official

Jacob Bates Department: Department of WelfareOld position: Welfare OfficialNew position: Senior Welfare Official

Elena Marchesi Department: Department of WelfareOld position: Senior Welfare OfficialNew position: Assistant Director

DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS

Richard McRilley Department: Department of Public WorksOld position: Public Works OfficialNew position: Senior Public Works Official

Richard McRilley Department: Department of Public WorksOld position: Senior Public Works OfficialNew position: Director

Maximus PearceDepartment: Department of Public WorksOld position: Public Works OfficialNew position: Senior Public Works Official

Maximus PearceDepartment: Department of Public WorksOld position: Senior Public Works OfficialNew position: Assistant Director

Kiara CortezDepartment: Department of Public WorksOld position: Traine Public Works OfficialNew position: Public Works Official

Louis DuboisDepartment: Department of Public WorksOld position: Traine Public Works OfficialNew position: Public Works Official

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Kareem McKinzieDepartment: Department of TransportationOld position: Transportation OfficialNew position: Senior Transportation Official

Joshua CarvajalDepartment: Department of TransportationOld position: Trainee Transportation OfficialNew position: Transportation Official

Danielle ReayDepartment: Department of TransportationOld position: Trainee Transportation OfficialNew position: Transportation Official

Juan HabanaDepartment: Department of TransportationOld position: Trainee Transportation OfficialNew position: Transportation Official

New Employees
    We'd like to welcome the following people into their new job here at the Los Santos Government. If you see them, make sure to congratulate them!

Elise BlakeDepartment: Department of Welfare

Jacob BatesDepartment: Department of Welfare

Michael HaynesDepartment: Department of Welfare

Patrick LincolnDepartment: Department of Welfare

Jack PonaroDepartment: Department of Welfare

Xavier TesfayeDepartment: Department of Welfare

Kiara CortezDepartment: Department of Public Works

Sophia SwiftDepartment: Department of Public Works

Jackson HallowDepartment: Department of Public Works

Colton AllenDepartment: Department of Public Works

Louis DuboisDepartment: Department of Public Works

Nobu MinamotoDepartment: Department of Public Works

Joshua CarvajalDepartment: Department of Transportation

Skyler FoxDepartment: Department of Transportation

Philip CuevasDepartment: Department of Transportation

Juan HabanaDepartment: Department of Transportation

Danielle ReayDepartment: Department of Transportation

Chad CollinsDepartment: Department of Transportation

Matthew CharletonDepartment: Department of Transportation

Andrew MaxwellDepartment: Department of Transportation

Shawn FaucherDepartment: Department of Transportation

Abdul MusawwirDepartment: Department of Transportation

Resignations
    As we all know, all good things must come to an end. This month we've had to say good bye to the following people. All staff members here at City Hall would like to wish a good luck and happy future to the following people.

Kelly VincentDepartment: Department of Public Works

Kurt PalomineDepartment: Department of Public Works

Sophia SwiftDepartment: Department of Public Works

Chris RoneyDepartment: Department of Public Works

Jamie HudsonDepartment: Department of Public Works

Kiara CortezDepartment: Department of Public Works

Colton AllenDepartment: Department of Public Works

Juan HabanaDepartment: Department of Transportation

Loay LorenzoDepartment: Department of Licensing

Department of the Month - Department of Public Works.

The Department of the Month goes to Director Richard McRilley and his Department of Public Works for their excellent work in assisting law enforcement and the citizens of Los Santos with their services on daily basis. Also their recruitment campaign which has been very successful and will continue to be throughout 2017. They are certainly one department to look out for throughout the year if you are looking for a prosperous career start 2017.

Written by: David Finnegan, Director of Public Relations.

Meet the Employee

Harold Bravura
Department of Administration
    I'm originally from Allentown, New Jersey on the east coast where I was born and raised. I graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Business Management and begun seeking employment straight after. I came to San Andreas in early 2016 while traveling and ended up staying.

I applied for the role of an official in the licensing bureau nearing the end of the Vaughn administration in late May of this year. During the year I've risen through the ranks and I'm the current Executive Director of Administration. It's my role to oversee the departments of Welfare and Licensing and also manage finances within city government.

Cooking and driving are my main hobbies when away from city hall when I'm not being bombarded with requests or other issues. Due to my position I can never really stop working, I'm always on my phone or computer at home handling applications or replying to emails regarding the departments I oversee. As I am a certified licensing official, I also try handle any business requests such as monthly fee collections or inspections when I can. I don't have to, but I'm dedicated to what I do and feel obligated to perform even the most basic duties. I plan to keep working in city government and push for changes within Welfare and Licensing to make the departments more efficient system on how things operate and are processed.

I personally think I don't deserve the title of employee of the month as a lot of people that currently work in government also put in as much work in as I do. I just do my part like everyone else, but thank you for the honor, I do appreciate it.

Written by: Director of Administration, Harold Bravura
    Latest Statistics
    Number of new registered businesses: 23
    Number of new licensed businesses: 12
    Number of state lands leased out: 3
    Number of CITY employees: 42
    Press Releases
    The Department of Public Relations rolls out press releases on a regular basis! Below are the press releases from December!

Fire Department Publication by Emma Krajinovic:

SHOW CONTENT

LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT
RI#014 - 05/12/2016

SPACER
Back Row: Doctor Daniel Segova, Captain Leanne Moore, Probationary Firefighter Rosemoore and Lieutenant Tymoteusz Hojek.
Front Row: Paramedic Samantha Hayden, Lieutenant Aedan Moore and Firefighter Two Amy Codsworth.

Serving with Courage, Integrity and Pride is the motto belonging to Los Santos Fire Department. From a close look, one can see very hard working staff who look to fulfil their duties to the highest of standards and maintain an admirable portrayal of these important qualities. The department itself is made up of three main sectors which are Firefighting, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Hospital. With that there are also divisions such as Medical Licensing, Air Operations, Medical Examiners, Child Protective Services, Training, Rapid Intervention, Hazardous Materials response Team, Psychology Unit, Recruitment, Public Relations and Fire Marshal’s Office. So it is safe to say there is a wide variety of choice and opportunity if you were to take interest in joining.

The staff members of Los Santos Fire Department come from all different types of backgrounds. Each person unique in how they perform and what they do in their day to day duties, but altogether merge and form into a selfless and courageous team that dedicates time to save many people's lives whilst risking their own, protecting our young citizens to help guide them on a positive route towards a fresh start and hopefully lead a better life as they flourish into adulthood. There is an impressive long list of good deeds that are carried out without complaint and the work done delves a lot deeper than what one may think.

Lieutenant Tymoteusz Hojek describes the department as, “A fast paced, edge of your seat grabbing family”. Bouncing off each other to compliment the individual actions, skills and qualities, not only with their own but with the other local everyday heroes such as the Police and Sheriff’s department. Without any of these teams our streets would be a lot less safe and we’d lose not only more lives but our buildings and environment too.

Welcomed with open arms upon recruitment, you can expect to be closely and professionally trained, monitored and eased into your duties. If you would like to join Los Santos Fire Department you can visit their website at ems.lsgov.us and keep an eye on the recruitment schedule. It is a very honourable and rewarding career path with great opportunities and benefits that come along with it. There's something for everyone.

Los Santos City Government
2 Pershing Square
Los Santos, SA 97447
Office of Public Relations
Department of Public Relations
Written by: Press Official - Emma Krajinovic

LSU PI KAPPA by Malcom Cambridge.

SHOW CONTENT

RI#15 - 12/12/2016

SPACER
Today in Los Santos the City Government decided to go down to Pi Kappa Alpha (ΠΚΑ) Fraternity House to check in on our local Los Santos University students. Most of the Los Santos City Government Executive Team including Mayor Richardson and Deputy Mayor Jason were attending the event and interacting with local students of the LSU. In attendance was the Secretary of Education Rosemary Cotter and the host President of the ΠΚΑ Jack Ponaro, after the event we decided to catch up with the two and discuss the current status of the LSU and its future plans as it aims to climb the national university ranking.

Mayor Richardson and Director Cambridge interviewed Secretary Cotter in regards to the plans to expand the LSU and discussed its new prospectus and the opportunities this would open to students, the City Government has offered to put ourselves forward in offering placement internships for graduates and helping young professionals obtain the skill sets they require to pursue their dreams. The City Government queried if there were any plans in place to offer scholarships and opportunities to underprivileged local citizens, we were informed that there is now a system in place that caters for students whom financially aren't able to fund their degree, for more information in regards to this please contact the LSU Directly. The Los Santos City Government will be doing all that it can to ensure that the Los Santos University prospers and provides students with the fundamental skills they require to obtain a career in their specializing field.

We then asked Fraternity Founder Jack Ponaro what his thoughts were on the LSU and its development. Mr Ponaro stated he believes the university is going in the right direction and is supporting its students to achieve. We then asked him what he thought on the homeless situation in San Andreas which was a large thing the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity were aiming to tackle and he stated that he agreed that the current City Administration was taking the correct steps to tackling the issue and that we should all take a 'Diverse and new approach to tackling the situation which is forever growing'.

Los Santos City Government
2 Pershing Square
Los Santos, SA 97447
Office of Public Relations
Department of Public Relations
Written by: Director Malcolm Cambridge

Closing Statement

Closing Statement

With the new year underway, we are aware of Los Santos City Government is in a transitory period of leadership after an unprecedented mayor resignation and overall presidential elections in Washington that have effected (and will continue to effect) the current Democratic cabinet. I, myself was directly involved with imperative and confidential work in Washington as regards to the primary elections since their announcement in Summer of 2015, which explains my absence during the end of the Vaughn administration in which I was Chief of Staff and Director of the Mayoral Aide Bureau. However, this is all history by this point and with a fresh new year ahead of us, hopefully the City Government and indeed the State Government can reflect on the past and concentrate on the future to ensure the prosperity and safety of our:
    • economy
    • policing ethics
    • healthcare
    • public works
    • education
    • social housing and welfare issues
    • and many more pressing issues facing Los Santos today.

Written by: Director of Public Relations, David Finnegan.
ImageLos Santos CITY Government - lsgov.usImage

Return to “Press Releases”