Consumer Protection

The Los Santos County District Attorney's Office (LSDA) is responsible for the prosecution and defense of criminal and civil cases on behalf of the Justice Department through the Courts of San Andreas.

District Attorney: Juliette Naviaux

Moderator: DOJ: District Attorney Management

Elijah Caldwell

Consumer Protection

Post by Elijah Caldwell » January 25th, 2018, 9:47 pm

SAN ANDREAS DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
CONSUMER PROTECTION UNIT
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY

Consumer Protection
  • The Los Santos County District Attorney’s Office is now offering a free service to mediate and resolve disputes between consumers and distributors. This service will be handled by a sub-group of state attorneys dedicated to protecting consumers from fraudulent and or unconscionable acts committed by merchants against them.

The Consumer Protection Unit will address and investigate complaints made by consumers against local merchants to ensure that business was conducted within the scope of the law. If fraudulent or unethical practices are discovered during an investigation the Consumer Protection Unit will prosecute the merchant at no cost to the consumer.

Consumers who feel that they or someone they know may have been victim to a deceptive or unethical act at the hands of a merchant should immediately complete a consumer complaint form.

PROCESS
    • STEP ONE: Fill out and mail the following form to the Consumer Protection Unit.

STEP TWO: The Consumer Protection Unit will contact the merchant and conduct an investigation into claims made by the consumer.

STEP THREE: The Consumer Protection Unit will prosecute the merchant if the complaint has merit however if the investigation is unfounded no further action will be taken. The consumer will be notified of the outcome.

RESTRICTIONS
    • Citizens must comply to the following restrictions when filing a complaint through the Office of the District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit.

Complainant must have and submit proof of the transaction described in the complaint;

Complainant agrees to cooperate with the investigation to the best of their ability, disclosing relevant information and exculpatory evidence.

Complainant must not have contact with the merchant referenced in their complaint throughout the duration of the investigation.

CONSUMER COMPLAINT FORM
[+] ATTACHED FORM

Code: Select all

[divbox=white][aligntable=left,0,0,75,0,0,transparent][img]http://i.imgur.com/iiQvxXE.png[/img][/aligntable]
[aligntable=right,0,0,0,0,0,transparent][size=120][b]OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY[/b][/size]
CRIMINAL APPEALS DIVISION
[size=120]CONSUMER COMPLAINT FORM[/size]

[size=85][b]REF:[/b] A-XX-YY[/size]
[size=65]OFFICE USE ONLY[/size][/aligntable]
[hr][/hr]
[i]Please fill out the following form to the best of your ability. Please attach all evidence to the bottom of the form. Failure to provide proper evidence, documentation and other information will result in your appeal being dismissed. Do not make any attempt to contact the merchant involved until the investigation has been concluded.[/i]

[hr][/hr]
[size=120]COMPLAINANT INFORMATION:[/size]

[b]NAME:[/b] 
[b]DATE OF BIRTH:[/b] 
[b]PLACE OF RESIDENCE:[/b] 
[b]PHONE NUMBER:[/b]
[b]EMAIL ADDRESS:[/b]

[b]RESOLUTION SOUGHT:[/b]

[hr][/hr]
[size=120]MERCHANT'S INFORMATION:[/size]

[b]MERCHANT'S NAME:[/b] 
[b]MERCHANT'S ADDRESS:[/b]
[b]MERCHANT'S PHONE NUMBER:[/b]
[b]EXPLANATION OF WRONGDOING:[/b]

[hr][/hr]
[size=120]EVIDENCE AND SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:[/size]
[size=85][i]PLEASE ATTACH ALL EVIDENCE BELOW:[/i][/size]

[b]SUMMARY OF TRANSACTION:[/b]
[list]SUMMARY HERE[/list]

[b]EVIDENCE:[/b]
[list][*]LIST EVIDENCE HERE
[*][/list]
[hr][/hr]
[i]I certify the information I provided on and in connection with this form is true. I also understand that any false statements or deliberate omissions of evidence are in violation of PC (4)07. I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.[/i]

[u][b]Date:[/b] MM/DD/YYYY
[b]Signature:[/b] [i]SIGNATURE HERE[/i]
[b]Name:[/b] PRINT NAME[/u][/divbox]

CONTACT INFORMATION
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY
A. Guidone Building
1850 Vinewood Boulevard
Temple, Los Santos 343

DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY
AUDREY NOVAK
[email protected]