I. PERSONAL INFORMATION

1. Suffix: Mr.

2. First Name: Nathan

3. Last Name: Wood

4. Date of Birth: 27/03/1990

5. Address: 5 East Beach Boulevard, Los Flores, Los Santos 616, San Andreas

6. Telephone Number: 1469476

II. EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT

1. List all colleges/universities you have attended (including law school) and mention the degree earned from each institution.
(a) University of Cambridge, Trinity College - Law (BA).

(b) University of Cambridge, Judge Business School - 1 year Cambridge MBA.

(c) Columbia University - Full Law conversion course (JD).

2. Beginning with your current or most recent employment, list all employment (including self-employment, paid/unpaid internships, and part-time employment) you have held for any period of time.
(a) Waiter - Venetian Palace Restaurant (New York).

(b) Royal Navy - Lieutenant, Warfare Officer, Surface Fleet - HMS Iron Duke.

(c) H&H LLP - Work experience at a legal firm.

III. MORAL CHARACTER AND FITNESS

1. Have you ever been a party to any civil suit or proceeding?
No (If YES, you must provide the case number if asked to do so by a bar examiner.)

2. Have you ever been arrested, cited or ticketed for, or charged with any violation of the law?
No (If YES, you must list all offenses including traffic violations.)

3. Have you ever received mental health counseling or been hospitalized for mental health reasons?
No

4. Have you ever applied for admission to the Bar of San Andreas in the past?
No (If YES, you must specify the number of applications you filed.)

IV. AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE OF INFORMATION

I have responded to all inquiries on this form fully and frankly, and all the information contained in my application is true and correct.

I hereby give my consent to the Board of Bar Examiners to conduct an investigation as to the information provided in my application and to make inquiries and request such information from third parties.

Date: 12/17/2016
Signature Image

(( V. OUT OF CHARACTER ))

1. List all of your current and past characters. Provide an admin record for each character.

SHOW CONTENT

Image Image Image[/img]

2. Why do you wish to become a lawyer and how do you plan to roleplay as one? (Effort is required.)
Law is always an area of RP that greatly interests me yet I haven't explored yet, I plan to study law during my higher education and thus this interest carries over. The judiciary is a prominent part of LSRP and one which I will actively attempt to be a part of. I will plan to RP as a small time freelance lawyer who focuses on criminal defence to those who otherwise would struggle to attain it. It is entirely possible that my character will develop into a 'criminal lawyer', assisting and advising a mob-type faction how to proceed. However, it will be the character's experience in their early days as a lawyer that will influence how they ultimately turn out, whether they aspire to be a judge or fall into being a criminal sympathiser. Either way, it will be solely the result of pure character development and frequent activity.

3. Do you have any knowledge of the Penal Code and Acts of San Andreas? Explain in a few sentences.
Yes, I've been RP'ing here for over two years, during this time I've experienced/witnessed criminal RP and acts being passed. While I haven't necessarily taken part in any major legal RP, I do often follow the legal side of the forums. This especially includes the judiciary, conversations relating to acts, and various civil suits. This is done simply out of my own interest and preparation to become a lawyer.

4. Do you have any knowledge of American Law? Explain in a few sentences.
I have a moderate degree of knowledge for American Law, primarily as a result of my own resear and wherever it comes up in film or television (Fact checked, of course). As a native Brit, a fair portion of my knowledge comes from our own system, primarily from two law summer schools at Nottingham and Cambridge. While there is a great deal of difference between the systems, they both utilise common law and I am familiar with the more prominent differences as well as the foundations of American Law.

Airwalk
State Bar Association

Re: Nathan Remigio

Postby Airwalk » December 18th, 2016, 2:34 am

-

STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Remigio,

You have been selected by the State Bar of San Andreas to be permitted to the following privilege(s):

- to take the San Andreas Bar Examination

Note(s);
  • You will have 48 hours to complete the examination and send it to your proctor. If you fail to complete the examination, you will need to wait (2) weeks in order to re-take the San Andreas Bar Examination.
  • A non-refundable $500 fee must be presented at the examination room paid in a check, money order, cash or debit/credit.
    (( Submit $500 to /charity in game, take a screenshot, and submit it along with your exam ))

Sincerely,

Miguel Valeja
State Bar of San Andreas

Airwalk
State Bar Association

Re: Nathan Remigio [ADMITTED]

Postby Airwalk » December 20th, 2016, 10:38 am

-

STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Remigio,

The State Bar of San Andreas is delighted to report that you achieved a passing score on the December 2016 administration of the San Andreas Bar Examination. Congratulations; you may justly be proud of your achievement.

As a result, you are now licensed to practice in the State of San Andreas. Your issued bar number will be #126.

Please be sure to read the Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) and keep up to date with the latest state bar updates and requirements.

Sincerely,

Miguel Valeja
State Bar of San Andreas

Return to “Admitted Bar Applications”