Alan Maguire [Resignation]

Ignoto101
District Attorney's Office

Alan Maguire [Resignation]

Post by Ignoto101 » January 8th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Full Name: Alan Maguire.
Office / Department: Office of the Public Defender.
Reason:

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

it is with great sadness that I must inform you all that I must resign from the Department of Justice and also from my position as the Chief Public Defender. I simply do not have the time nor the willpower to carry on performing my tasks in my current position. I have been very inactive for the past few months, namely due to my studies and internship. I frankly believe that it is not fair to anybody that I am occupying a slot within the faction when I am not even playing anymore. For those reasons, I wish to resign.

I'd like to thank you all for letting me be a part of this great faction, and for being able to see the faction grow and develop to what it is today. We started as a small faction that was mostly comprised of lawyers and we have evolved into this grand agency with several different divisions and subdivisions that employ numerous different professionals, not just lawyers. I think that's great and I sincerely hope that the faction will continue to evolve in the same way.

This is the longest I've ever been in any faction before. 18 months. I honestly didn't believe I would ever spend that long in any faction before. But something really drew me into this faction and there were probably some unexplained forces that kept me in this faction for so long. Or maybe it was my enthusiasm for lawyer work. Whatever the case may be, I just want you all to know that I've had a great time in this faction. That's why it's so hard for me to let it all go.

I might return one day, maybe after I'm done with my thesis and internship, granted that I will have regained the strength and that same enthusiasm that I used to have for role-playing before. But now I have to take a break from all this, from gaming and role-playing alike. If I ever do come back, I will probably do it in some other role. But if I don't, I'd just like you all to know that you will always be in my memories.

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,

Alan Maguire / Ignoto101

Disclaimer: While this resignation itself is meant to serve as an In-Character notification, some parts of it may contain elements in an Out-of-Character context, the purpose of which is to convey the true reasons for the resignation, instead of just coming up with some excuses for the purposes of role-play and make-belief.
Alan Maguire